The Application Engineer instructs customer system operators on the Esko software products, in different delivery methods: classroom (currently approx. 20%), on site (currently approx. 80%) and e-training. He/she will also be responsible to install and configure the Esko Software Solutions on customer site.Main responsibilities and key activities:
- You train customer operators to make efficient use of their Esko solution, either in one of our training centers or at the customer’s site (in their production environment).
- You install and configure Esko software solutions on customer site.
- You help the customer to integrate the system in their existing workflow. This includes:
o System setup & configurationo Defining and setting up the necessary workflows
- You report and follow-up on activities.
- You keep your own knowledge up to date by attending courses, self-study and in depth preparation.
- You make software Preventive Maintenance visits (if applicable).
- You keep track of reporting, this includes:
- Training reports
- Service reports (Time registration via IRP)
- Customer Surveys
- You provide input to define the content of training programs based on customer feedback.
- You provide suggestions to help improve the quality of training material and training courses, certification and e-learning.
- You are customer-driven.
- You report any possible sales leads.
- You have a good understanding of our industry.
- You have a good knowledge of the Esko software solutions.
- You are familiar with the Esko hardware products.
- You have good understanding of graphical processes.
- You possess a basic working knowledge of graphic software applications.
- You have a basic knowledge of relevant operating systems.
- You are fluent in English and local language(s).
- You have good communication, listening, teaching and facilitation skills.
- You have good interpersonal skills.
- You are a good communicator and you like to talk with customers.
- You are customer-oriented: the customers’ problem is your problem.
- You can stay calm under any condition (stress resistance).
- You are solution oriented.
- You can work independently (extensive travelling alone).
- You are flexible in travel and finding solutions.
- You are self-confident; the customer must feel that you understand our business.
With its solutions Esko helps thousands of companies worldwide to create packaging, signs and displays, and by optimizing their processes. Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Ghent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500 people worldwide. Esko has R&D and manufacturing facilities in five European countries, the United States, China and India. It’s a company continuously being on the verge of creative innovations, quite different from the others.
Esko is a Danaher company (www.danaher.com). Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world.